Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good Ol' Bad Ol' Days

When I was young there was much haze
I lived a funny through the good ol bad ol days

My family thought most likely to fail
The school voted me most likely to go to jail

The Police looked twice for they knew my name
My brothers learnt quickly to pass the blame

In love, out of love, from one fall to the next
So many attempts to try and break my neck

All that I’ve done both good and bad
Just ask my!! Kids do they love their!! Dad

I started this group so we all could speak
Everyone has the choice to turn the other cheek

My standards are mine and I’ve been thru the gutter
I have the same knife for my steak my cheese and my butter

My God is in my heart not hidden inside some book of law
My God loves everyone; I think that should happen some more

Copyright Jeffrey Goudy
19/07/08
Poetry in Paradise 1028534

No comments: