Sunday, June 26, 2011

Honda's Shadow and OUR Children

Shadows
In 1999 I bought a brand new motor bike
It was big and it was blue and was one I really liked
It was really fast and man it could really go
It was a 1998 Honda VT Original Shadow

I had it several years and had to sell it to buy a Ute
I really really miss it, because it was really really beaut
It is an incredible feeling when you’re out there on the road
It’s just so good, your worries, you can temporarily unload

I was once 200 feet from lighting, riding in a storm
I just kept on going forward, for you see, to ride I was born
This is a true feeling and no I have not lied
The other way to look at it is, well, I live to ride

When I graduate from Uni and I have a full time job
The Honda shop in Brisbane I will definitely lob
My face will look brighter and you may say that I glow
As I ride off on my brand new 2010 Honda Silver Shadow

OUR CHILDREN


A mother’s love.
A mother’s love is such a special thing
Made of gold just like a wedding ring
A mother gives her love so clean and pure
To those she cherishes it is a cure
A mother teaches her child to grow
To respect their life and to let it show
A mother’s love is such a gift
It can build a bridge and heal a rift
My mother’s greatest gift to date
Was shielding me from the wrath of hate
Always keeping me out of harm’s way
Making me the loving mother that I am today
To my children I have passed on her advice
To be a good person and always be nice
To love their mum and their Nana too
To their own selves always be true
I thank my mother each and every day
I see her in my life in every way
My children will learn from her through me
I’ll be the best mother I can ever be
I love my mum and she loves that fact
I’ve taught my children and they love me back


Jeff Goudy 2009 Copyright Poetry in Paradise TM No. 1028534http://joansmallpoetryandbooks.com/poetry_in_paradise.html

No comments: