Sunday, June 26, 2011

2 poems for July 2011

Hopes dreams and aspirations.
What I don’t find amusing is when people with power
Step on other peoples hopes dreams and aspirations
Like what happens inside a third world country
When it is dropped by the United Nations

What I don’t find amusing is laughter behind my back
People with no self respect that launch their covert attacks
Those that gossip to you will gossip bout you when you’re gone
They will talk about you and your weaknesses all day long
Their lives are so lonely and they live only off others deeds
Their imagination is stunted and their thoughts have no seeds

What I don’t find amusing is countries involved in foreign war
When they make people fight in a battle upon a distant shore
Involved in wars that are really for no common good
Innocent people die and soldiers return cased in wood
The real reason for the battle to the soldier in never shown
While the industry leaders and pollies bank accounts have grown
17/07/11

Life and love

My hopes dreams and aspirations
Are what get me through everyday
Knowing what lies ahead
Helps me on my way

Riding a new motorbike
Inspires me to go to work
A beautiful brand new cruiser
Knowing what its worth

Out there on the highway
On my few days off
Irene right behind me
As we just get up and take off

Building a future together
My lovely Irene and me
Dreaming of just how happy
Together we can truly be
Watching all out children grow
Having children of their own
Being there for each other
Never feeling alone

All the places we will travel
All the new things we will see
Doing everything together
My Irene myself and me

Always writing poetry
For its what I love to do
Sharing with good friends
Like you and you and you

I look joyfully to the future
To every brand new day
To all the happiness in life
That’s still to come my way.
17/07/11

No comments: