Sunday, June 26, 2011

TV Mum's

My parents used to say to me
Come inside and watch TV
Come on in now it’s the end of the day
Sit down and rest and stop your play

The first TV mum that I recall
Was Ricardo’s wife Miss Lucille Ball
I remember the chocolates on an escalator
The speed they went by nearly ate her

The next Mum I remember really had the mettle
She was married to Pa and we called her Ma Kettle
I recall the time……….. Pa’s future was lookin so dim
When it went round the town …..she was expectin twins

The first Mum I wanted in motherly ways
Was the homely Mrs C from the ol’happy days
She could love and always gave good advice
Marion’s greatest asset was she was just nice!!

Another Mum I wanted for my own
Was married to Mr. Fred Flintstone
Wilma put up with all his daydreams
And never tired of his fate full schemes

An Aussie mum that really had, it
Was married to the bumbling Mr.Ted bullpit
Bruno and Craig tested her devotion
As Ted went from crisis to commotion

A really good Mum that had the whole parcel
Was Mrs. Kerrigan and she lived in her castle
Of the many mum’s she had it all
And in the pool room she had a ball

Her Darryl, Dale, Tracey, Steve and Wayne
Shared dinner every night and never complained
She could cook up a lamb chop ….make it a treat
The Kerrigan’s always came home… when it was time to eat

So many Mum’s… too many to recall
I enjoyed watching them… on my telly… one and all
From Mrs Berone with her sociopath cries
To the sweet hearted ……Elise Keaton.. in family ties

Every teenage boy dreamed of…. cuddling Mrs. Brady
And The lovely Mrs. Partridge, well she wasn’t too shady
And if you had a craving for linguini and pastramo
If you were brave….you could snuggle up…. with Carmel Soprano

If you’re feeling tough tattooed and you’d ride a bike
Then Gemma and her Son’s is a mum you might like
If you’re a little bit daft and you like women screaming
Then Rosanne may be the one….. about which you are dreaming




The Mum I’d like most… yes the best one for me
Has for over 20 years ……….been inside my TV
She takes all the madness and a little bit more
She puts up with hell and what ever’s in store

She loves her children and all their pets
She loves her husband and has aired her regrets
She’s tried to kill him, one time or two
Then she has renewed her vows and repeated I do

Everyone in the world…. knows her voice and her face
We all know her town, her colorful home place
I’ll give you a clue….. it is simple, and you’ll know
Her husband, well he, regularly, says…… Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POETRY IN PARADISE May 2011 ©1028534

No comments: