Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Do you think you should come along to our next poetry afternoon??? Read this first!!


Go on give it a go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard about a poetry group 
I thought that I may go
Then I wondered who would be there
And now I just don’t know.

Would they all be professionals?
Even though the add said they were not
Will they be wearing poetry uniforms?
That’s something I haven’t got.

Will they all be women?
Will they all be young or grey?
will there be any men there?
And would they all be gay.

What if my poems are weak?
And they all laugh at me
Well, the add did say no judging
And the subject theme was free

Decisions oh decisions
Are such hard things to make?
Do I be adventurous?
Such a chance should I take 

Bring your friends along it said
Yes come along one and all
You can be a supporter
Or sip your coffee and be enthralled



Life is such a dilemma
I just don’t know what to do
What does a poet look like?
Are they just like me and you?

I guess I’ll just have to front up
Stick out my chin and stand up tall
All my questions will be answered
When I walk into that hall.

I’m sure they’ll all be human
Probably as nervous as me
If I’m not brave enough to read 
I’ll just smile and enjoy the free coffee

So come along one and all
Yes!!! Lets all decide to go
We’ll see what a poet looks like
Then next time, we’ll all know. 

Copyright Poetry in Paradise 2004 Trade mark no. 1028534. Jeffrey.N.Goudy

No comments: