Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Nurse

Do you know what you mean to me
She said as she was walking out the door
I’d like to have a conversation with you
Wish I could tell you so much more

I know I am bad with introductions
Most names I just can never recall
The way you have made me feel
I shall have no trouble at all

The things I said to you nurses
The names and the personal abuse
I know I was really really tired
But that’s just unacceptable excuse

I know now you were trying to help me
When you tried to calm me down a bit
You never gave me false promises
Even when I treated you all like shit

You never reacted with anger
Even when I really being obscene
When you smiled at me and you said
I know that’s not what you mean

That’s ok you said to me calmly
I’ve learnt never take it person  ally
I won’t pretend to know how you feel
finding out that you’re no longer free 

You sat and listened to my raving
My long and sorrowful self pitied rant
All the people that I felt were the reason
For my horrible predicament 

Then as I started to feel a bit better
I began to once again find my place
It was nice early some mornings
To see the son and your smiling face

You made me feel like a person
That I was someone that could dream
I’ve lived my life with so much sadness
Too many dark places have I been

I know that I’m a long way from cured
That I will always see the old black dog
And I hope that my time in here helps me
And that there really is a loving God

Do you know what you mean to me
You give me a reason to go to work
that my efforts are not always in vain

that together we can change a world

Copyright Poetry in Paradise Reg ™ No. 1028534

No comments: