Saturday, October 27, 2018

Me Dads Advice


I was working on my motorbike
A real labor of love
When my fingers got so sore
Tight like in a glove

It’s a real bastard getting old
Ran through my head
I packed it in at four pm
And  tottered off to bed

I went to put my bike boots on
Ended up on the ground
The only way to get them on
Was to do it sitting down

I got a bloody cramp in my foot
While asleep in bed
I had to get up and move around
A kind of pain I dread

I tried to stretch my toes out 
Crippled with a sting
Nothing made it any better
A sorry song I did sing

Getting up off the couch at night 
You’ll see a crooked man
It takes about five minutes
If I can follow the plan

It’s a real bastard getting old
Ran through my head
I packed it in at ten pm
And tottered off to bed


I collapsed upon my lovely bed
Then had to bloody pee
Getting up in a real panic
A funny site to see 

At two o’clock nature called
Replayed it all gain 
I could sleep twelve hours
When younger man

At four o’clock and six oclock 
Upon the merry go round
I can’t move a bloody limb
Without making a sound

It’s a real bastard getting old
Ran through my head
I packed it in at eight am
Stayed up out of bed

Getting old is bloody painful
My old man used to say
Something hurts every morning
That didn’t hurt yesterday

My feet are sore back is crook 
Ankles and knees go click
I can do just about anything
Just no where near as quick 

My life is good I’m still alive
I give thanks every day 
All me ache’s and pains are with me
They get me thru the day

I wouldn’t be dead for quid’s
Bobby said it and I agree
I will keep on going forward 
And I can still flaming see        

     Copyright Poetry in Paradise 11/05/18 Reg TM # 102853

No comments: