Monday, April 21, 2008

Please dont stare, you are afraid to confront.

I heard there was a little voice
the drugs had worn off
So there was, little choice

What it said to me
You wouldn’t believe
Like die and be set free

Funny things it would say
Like he’s lookin at us
Quick run away

Then I left the chemist shop
Funny thing happened
The little voice stopped

Then it came back to me again
Seven days later
Swearing, it was my friend

I heard there was a little voice
But I chose the drugs
While I had the choice

It just didn’t seem right
I was feelin healthy
So i hid the drugs, out in the night

Round and round
The circle goes
Where it stops no one knows

I heard there was a little voice
I found I could lower the volume
And at times“I” had a choice

With my medication
and you as my friend
we can dim the voices, but they will never end.


Copyright Poetry in Pardsie 2008. Reg trademark No. 1028534
Author/Poet Jeffrey Goudy

No comments: