Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Fishing Joke Poem

Mornings are the best time to go fishing with a mate
Me and three of the best off them
Loaded the boat with beer and bait

All of us were married with wives left at home
They probably went out shopping
No place for us to grizzle or groan

A few beers down the river no fish upon the line
The stories started flowin
About how they’d pleaded for this time

You have no idea what I had to do said Cedric
to come out here and play
I had to promise my wife next weekend
I’d be painting every flammin day

That's nothing said Rodger, being ever oh so cool,
I had to promise my wife
that I'd build her a deck around the whole bloody pool.'

Man, you blokes have it easy stated Bazza with a frown
I had to promise my wife
That I'd rebuild the whole damned kitchen right up from the ground

Hey, You haven't said anything, about what you had to do
Is your story the worst they asked me ?
Is it a tale more horrible and more true?

I just sat back with me stubbie, cool as ice in me hand
I said you blokes are pissweak
Let me tell ya, just how to be a man

I just set me alarm for 5:30 and I grabbed the Vaseline and the bex.
I slapped her uncovered bum
and said what is it dear, is it fishing or is it sex

She just laid there, eyes closed, as steady as a rock
Pulling the blanket back over her
While stating clearly, Hey!!!!!! Don’t forget your sun block

A joke I heard rewritten by myself into this poem, Copyright???

No comments: