Sunday, June 26, 2011

Irene's first poem!!

I am a Filipina,
of that I am so proud
I love being a lady
I’m a Mum I say out loud

I’m proud of my children
each and everyone
I’m proud of my country
and how far I have come

I like to dress neatly,
to me manners are worth gold
I hold strongly to my values
My pride cannot be sold

I don’t like public speaking
in fact this is my first
Only if I was naked
could this feel any worse.

I stand here before you,
Because I hold you all my friend
With Jeffrey by my side
I hope to stand up here again

For with this type of speaking
My confidence will grow
With your welcoming support
My smile will surely glow.

Jeffrey wrote this poem for me,
For he really knows my heart
I like it here with you his friends
So a poem I’d like one day to start.

So let’s hope next time
I can pen word that are so true
Then I can call myself a poet
Like all of you proudly do.


Copyright Poetry in Paradise TM No. 1028534

No comments: