Sunday, August 19, 2012


The Wedding Album 1959.
Inside that photo album is a record of my Dad and my Mum 
proof they were together, had a daughter, and three sons
In her wedding dress my young Mum wore a smile
she looked beautiful as she walked down the chapel aisle
most of the people in the photo's are not alive today
I find it hard to believe they were once young and free
I guess their married life I almost completely duplicated
inside that photo album is the wedding of me and Irene.

Both Grand Dads and Grandma's were there to celebrate you know what, I don't even know the exact date.
There's Aunties and Uncles that I've never met best friends they once had and now both forget
A wedding dress thats been lost by the way
Dad gave it to me once when his new wife wasn't home and my Mum thinks it was long ago, away thrown
My stepfather wouldn't like to see what happened that day he's thinks he's unique in almost every way
there's flowers and decorations and the rooms done up nice I think Mum was pregnant and Dad took her fathers advice
I look at the photo's and think that is where my family began I wonder about my Dad and if he ever felt like a man
Mum now says that was another person a lifetime ago and Dad hates mum and thinks she a mean old so and so
My parents were not role models, held tightly to their advice their parents were old fashioned and were never in my life
Inside that photo album is two total strangers to me
My own wedding album was never quite formulated
I don't look at those photo's with any sense of pride it reminds me of how many times they have lied
I have new goal for me in my life to be happy and dream to one day be able to say,
17/06/2012 Copyright Poetry in Paradise 1028534 

No comments: