Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Built on a hand shake


Built on hand shake the theme for this month's poetry job
I read somewhere once that somebody famous 
said this great nation was built on a hand shake, 
maybe it was Pig Iron Bob

A hand shake doesn't mean that much any more
A litigious society is what where now in  for
Suing each other to the left and the right
Children suing parents and starting a legal fight

Sue for divorce bankruptcy and malicious slander
A bloke can get in trouble just for havin a gander
Don't you dare to whistle if a pretty lady walks past
She’ll take your money and the lawyer your ass

There's this new kind of villain their called a civil libertarian
knowing nothing bout wrong or right,for that they just aint carin
if it offends one single person than the whole nation must pay
think of the less fortunate the defenceless the lawyers all say

Like TV shows or radio programmes that offend even one
There is a channel changer and an off switch are they really that dumb

I had to laugh once or twice with Mr John Laws when on the air
when a listener called up to say for him he does not really care
he said he cant believe his radio show for fifty years has lasted
every day he hears him and in thirty years he's always been nothing but a bastard

Built on hand shake is my first impression of a man
I do so hate one that has a truly limp hand
A vice like grip is challenge to me
squeeze a bit harder you mongrel then you just try and get free

A lady shakes my hand I never know where to look
I look at her chest like it's some sort of playboy book
When I was a kid you just didn't do that
Times  are a changing now, well fancy that


Copyright Poetry in Paradise 2013 Reg TM No. 1028534




No comments: