Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mates


Mates

Mates, you know they can be annoying 
but some times they can lift you up a bit but
most of my ol'mates well they just
always got me deeper  in the pit 

True mates are hard to come by
ones that don't judge and put you down
that don't talk about your short comings
and hide when your around

mate's that stay forever
are rare and worth more than any gold
their the ones who want to make up stories with
when you retired and getting old

from back when I can remember
theres only two stand out blokes
one who's now too up himself
and the other one tells sexist jokes

Me first mate was beside me
from 71 to 83 when he went bush
he's been back a couple of times
but our friendship he didn't push

He became an angry racist
we went to school with kids that were black
he turned his back on me missus
and I've never once looked back

then theres me ol'mate Kev 
Ive known him since 92
we've helped each other out many times
theres nothing for the other we wouldn't do


We have our private jokes
like number three and never say her name
he went back home Townsville
but the mate ship has remained

two men think their Jesus
one of em must be right
he looks like the Bundy Bear
and he'd back me in a fight

he let me live at his place 
when  I was down on me luck
I lined him up with a few shiela's
but he had to go out on the truck

I havn't seen lately
in fact not for the longest while
but our picture takes me places
and the thought makes me smile 

Mates, they really can
bring good things into your life
a man needs a man to talk to
as much as a man needs a wife



16/02/13 Copyright Poetry in Paradise Reg TM No. 1028534

No comments: