Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Grandson. To Michael. Written By Yvonne Carmel Young nee Fitzpatrick 1986

Gd
         Grandson: This dear little boy,
          Has left my heart with a light
          It happened in April on an Easter night
          He came into this wonderful big wide world
          This little naked body, with lovely black curls
          And as he enters a new generation is here
          My eyes filling up, with joyful tears
          How his life has affected mine
          And my love and his are all intertwined
          For he is my grandson, and I am his nan
          And this beautiful friendship now has begun
          And as they place him into my arms
          I know I will do my utmost to keep him from harm
          To be the first grandchild
          Is extra special you know
          This beautiful baby perfect from head to toe
          And as he turns the light on in my heart
          This gives our lives together a wonderful start
          How proud I am of my little man
          As his grandmother holds his brand new hand. 
Yv

No comments: