Monday, November 2, 2015

Children are the future. September 2015


I got to have some time off work
to have a well earned rest
Sadly Irene couldn’t join me
and it’s with her I’m at my best

Irene got a brand new job
That she applied for late last year
it was too late to cancel holidays
so I decided to disappear

Eight hours on my motorbike
Headed south on the interstate
Visited my grandsons and my daughter
Ten days and it was great

Building on my relationship
One founded deep in love
Passing on a little wisdom
Trying not to use kid gloves

Trying to help my daughter
Let her know she is not all alone
That inside my heart and house
She always will have a home

I may not be a real great father
I’ve always tried to do my best
I help them all out when ever I can
I think I’ve passed the being there test

I think my children love me
And they know my bank is dry
I’m not very good at saving
And I’m not afraid to cry

I try to teach family values
Like never hold onto a grudge
I’ve forgiven others often
Though there silence does not budge

Life is way too short for hatred
That is such a final word
Maintaining silence for thirty years
I really find quite absurd

I want my Grand children to love me
And my children to be my friend
I hope we can always sort it out
Never let our bond come to an end

I’ll visit another daughter tomorrow
I’m flying northward in a plane
I’m staying with her at their house
She is my baby and still wears my name

It will be good to see her again
I saw my only son just yesterday
All my children are close to me

Ill do what I can to make them stay

Copyright Poetry in Paradise TM No. 1028534

No comments: